You must not spend more time inside a tanning bed. Determine your skin type first and then enter the bed for a tan. Be there only for the specific time recommended by experts, lest you may burn your skin.
Skin specialists have classified six skin types for tanning. A reputable tanning salon can also help you determine your skin type in case you don’t know.
- Type 1: White skin. Freckles are common. Burns easily. Difficult to tan.
- Type 2: Light, beige skin. A few freckles. Burns easily.
- Type 3: Light brown skin. Can burn. Tans well.
- Type 4: Olive skin. Can burn. Tans easily.
- Type 5: Brown skin. Hardly burns. Tans effortlessly.
- Type 6: Dark brown skin. Does not need a tan!
Time chart for tanning inside a tanning bed
Experts have developed a general time chart for tanning using a tanning bed over a period of 4 weeks.
Following the chart can help you tan safely and effectively. You can also consult a dermatologist regarding this chart. Prestigious salons in East Boca Raton are particular about their customers’ skin. After knowing your skin type, they determine the time you must spend inside a tanning bed for safe and even tanning.
It is not necessary that you tan skin over a period of 4 weeks. Depending on how effectively your skin has tanned, you can schedule the next session.
Daily tanning is not recommended.
Here’s the general time chart:
- Type 1 skin needs just 1 minute inside the tanning bed.
- Type 2 skin needs only 2 minutes.
- Type 3, 4, and 5 need 3 minutes.
After one week:
- Type 1 skin again needs only 1 minute inside the tanning bed.
- Type 2 skin can be for 3 minutes inside.
- Type 3 skin can spend 4 minutes.
- Type 4 skin can spend 5 minutes.
- Type 5 skin can do with 6 minutes.
- Type 1 skin needs to be only for 1 minute inside the tanning bed.
- Type 2 skin can spend 5 minutes.
- Type 3 skin can extend upto 8 minutes.
- Type 4 skin can be inside the bed for 9 minutes.
- Type 5 skin can be upto 10 minutes.
- Type 1 skin can stay for 3 minutes inside the tanning bed.
- Type 2 skin can extend for 8 minutes.
- Type 3 skin can extend for 13 minutes.
- Type 4 and 5 skin can spend upto 16 minutes.
- Type 1 skin can extend upto 5 minutes inside the tanning bed.
- Type 2 skin can be for 10 minutes.
- Type 3 skin can stay for 15 minutes.
- Type 4 and 5 can easily be there for 20 minutes.
As you see from the above chart, time inside the tanning bed depends on skin type. You must extend the time slowly with each session.
Some of you may think it’s just one minute! Even one minute inside the tanning bed matters says, skin experts.
Search for “sunless tanning near me” to find the best salon, which takes the health of customers’ skin seriously.