You may already be familiar with the pain-relieving, calming, and mental health benefits of THC and CBD products. However, cannabigerol oil has expanded in popularity in the cannabinoid community due to its promising potential benefits.
What Is Cannabigerol Oil?
Cannabigerol (CBG) is one of the chemicals found in the cannabis plant, making it a cannabinoid, just like tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD). THC and CBD are more commonly known, but cannabigerol is referred to as a precursor to the other cannabinoids because, when heated, the acidic form of CBG (CBG-A) breaks down to create CDG, THC, CBD, and CBC.
Potential Benefits of Cannabigerol Oil
While CBG research is limited, studies suggest that it can aid in the following health conditions:
- Inflammatory bowel disease. In an animal study from 2013, CBG seemed to reduce inflammation and nitric oxide production.
- A 2008 study suggested that CBG might effectively treat glaucoma because it reduces intraocular pressure.
- Bladder dysfunctions. In a 2015 study, CBG showed the most promise of five different cannabinoids in treating bladder dysfunctions.
- Huntington’s disease. In a 2015 studyon mice with experimental Huntington’s disease, researchers determined that CBG protects the nerve cells in their brain from damage.
- Bacterial infections. A 2008 studyproposes that CBG can kill bacteria, primarily one that causes drug-resistant staph infections.
- A 2014 study on rats with colon cancer concluded that CBG could reduce the growth of cancer cells.
- Appetite loss. In a 2016 studyon rats, CBG helped stimulate the appetite.
These studies are promising, but it’s important to remember that they don’t confirm the benefits of CBG. However, CBG has many promising potential benefits, and more research is ongoing to understand how it works in the body. Check out our site to shop and learn more about cannabigerol oil and other cannabinoids.